Kozhikode Calicut International Airport – Car Rental
Since public transport in Kerala region can be sometimes slow, you should try to hire a car to be more independent and even to discover new places throughout the region. It can be even more economic than riding a taxi.
See attached the car rental companies operating in Kozhikode Airport:
- Keralacars: Tel. +91 9400 021234 / +91 9387 066802
- Savaari: Tel. +91 90 4545 0000
- Clear Car Rental: Tel. +91 90 8888 855 220
- Kottayam Cars: Tel. +91 94 4707 7049 / +91 98 4707 7049
You can also find major international companies such as Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Sixt, Thrifty, Alamo, Dollar and Fox, which can be more expensive than the local companies presented above.
Find car hire companies outside the airport terminals. In many cases, you should go to Kozhikode city to hire a car since from the airport is not possible.
Online car rental
If you prefer you can book your car online through our search engine, it’s easy and fast to use!
Renting a car in India – Tips and advices
- Since India is a country with a hot climate, hiring a car with AC is a must, though it may be more expensive than a car without AC.
- In many cases, renting a car in India will usually include a driver. Our recommendation is to rent a car with a driver. A local driver could drive easily in difficult road conditions and has a wide knowledge of the terrain. Driver cost is of INR 200.00 per day.
- For renting a car and a driver, daily minimum kilometres are 250 km, that means if you don’t do them you’ll have to pay for them anyway. Instead, if you exceed them, you’ll be charged for exceed them.
- You don’t need to pay for car insurance since in India is not prevalent.
- If you decide to drive yourself, you’ll have to give a deposit which can vary from $750 to $3,000. You’ll have to be at least 25 years old, instead you’ll be surcharged.